Monday, November 17, 2008

Obama reaffirms his Gitmo position

Let's hope he sticks to this statement from 60 Minutes:

Kroft: There are a number of different things that you could do early pertaining to executive orders. One of them is to shutdown Guantanamo Bay. Another is to change interrogation methods that are used by U.S. troops. Are those things that you plan to take early action on?

Mr. Obama:
Yes. I have said repeatedly that I intend to close Guantanamo, and I will follow through on that. I have said repeatedly that America doesn't torture. And I'm gonna make sure that we don't torture. Those are part and parcel of an effort to regain America's moral stature in the world.


This would be such an excellent way to start bridging the gap that Bush put between us and the world.

0 comments: