Monday, November 06, 2006

I'm nervous...

Let's make it happen!

Tomorrow is the day. The polls will open and the people will choose. I think we (the Dems) will take the House back and possibly the Senate (although I doubt it). If we take even a few Senate seats, I think that will be enough to make Bush a lame duck since so many right-wingers are straying from the awful man.

Why am I nervous then? I'm nervous because the last two elections have been shrouded in fraud. The Diebold voting machines are so undetectably vulnerable to tampering that I can not believe we use them. I'm nervous because international poll observers can't even watch our vote because there is no uniformity in our systems (as the law calls for). I'm nervous that the American people might still be as out of touch with the world as they have been since 1994. I'm nervous that the world might again see us as supporters of a President who thinks he is a king. I'm nervous that more people will have to die. I'm nervous that I will not have the stomach to return to the States until this party is out of office.

I need this change. We need this change. The world needs this change...

Also, I was very unhappy to see that Saddam got the death penalty. Aside from the convenient timing of the verdict, using murder to punish for murder makes no sense. He was a state head who murdered people, right? Murder is the worst thing someone can do, but who's killing him? The State is, so can we punish the judges now?

We live in a crazy world and I'm not saying that this election will change it, but one thing is for sure: continuously applying the same method and expecting different results each time is idiocy. Let's not perpetuate this failed strategy...for the sake of the world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow will be an exciting day! Here I am in OH where there is a lot of attention to several of the races.

Do not give me this stuff about being an ex-patriot until you get your way in the elections. You should be here to make a difference not just pontificate from afar. Remember?

The Expat said...

Oh Harriet...

Anonymous said...

Its looking good.

Anonymous said...

Ma soeur, you are sounding like Aunt "Dopie" -- remember, I was the "armchair critic" about the Vietnam War. Guess I was pontificating from afar too.

And George, we did it, man! Power to the people.

Were you able to vote absentee?

Anonymous said...

And, if anyone doubted the Bush administration's control of gasoline prices, guess what has been steadily going up since Tuesday! They are so transparent.