Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Two Weeks...

I was just looking back and reading my post "One Month Update". Ha! Classic...

So, it's been a year. A fast year. A slow year. A wild year. An unusual year. It's been full of too many nights of singing rooms and binge drinking. Very public urination. Korean beer. Drawing on Dave. Making excuses not to learn Korean. Too many nights of fried pork and soju. Cambodian grass. Thai ladyboys. Woodstock. Beverage Lab. Wild Rhett. Mike's a Jap. Tin is a fag. Joel hates Korea. Han River. Family Mart. "This sucks!". Dirty Pants Aaron. She's Like the Wind. Mr. Shin. Lee. Open class. Yellow Necktie. Carne Station. "Going to the gym". Hofs. Hofs. Hofs. And of course, the highlight, 김고운 !!


Luckily, 고 has helped ween me off the bottle and brought a bit more clarity to my world. I would not be able to truly appreciate that clarity had I not had so many years of smoke filled haze and wild boozing.

Are those nights past me? I think not, but they are limited and never last quite as long as they used to.

So, we have two weeks until America. Soon the question is going to be what will I miss about Korea. Hmmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I request a PG-13 rating for these...is this at all possible, George?

Can't wait to see you and meet Go-woon! ;)

Anonymous said...

Keep it coming at the R rating, George. Enjoy the frankness.

I turn 59 tomorrow. That seems real old.

You are lucky indeed to have such a fine gal who believes in you so much (and you believe in her) that she has helped you slow down on the drugs and alcohol. Good for you both.

We are sure looking forward to your Knoxville visit!

Mike said...

Mike's THE Jap. You fag.

Logan Row said...

Well, I can see that I’m still somebody’s whipping boy on this site. “Joel hates Korea.” 모지!!??!! How’s that????? Believe me, I understand how one may become so wrapped up in a foreign culture, become so enamored with that culture, that one finds it difficult to stomach criticism of even the most indefensible cultural traits (and ALL cultures have these). Hell, if I had spent another few months in Europe years ago I may well have renounced my citizenship, burnt my passport, and bought a life-time supply of American Flag toilet paper. But just ask yourself this: Why is a modicum of constructive social criticism in America considered healthy (on all sides, mind you), while in Korea it’s grounds for deportation? For all those people who continue to respond to my few criticisms with the all too common “why don’t you just leave Korea,” I offer a sincerely frustrated “MAN YA’LL JUST DON’T GET IT!!!!”
Great post by the way. I feel embarrassed that I haven’t written anything on my blog for 3 months now. Ouch!!!!