Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm Short...

I have finally come to terms with this. I guess it took walking past numerous Korean teenagers for me to realize the grim truth: I'm short!


Now, I always knew that I was taller than some people. Even in my pre-pubescent days I managed to "tower" over a few of the other unfortunate kids, but now it's a glaring fact that I am simply shorter than most.


고 and I have been discussing my height recently. Anyone who knows me knows that I always claim to be 5'9. I am!!!


Well, today I have learned different. I recall one bleak winter day in college when my friends and I decided that we would measure ourselves. I was sure that my "claimed height" would be affirmed. I was wrong. A different height was discovered that day. It was a height that was not near what I always pretended to be.


I remember when I was younger, the doctor always told me that I was in the tenth percentile for height (and weight). He even said that I would only be 5'8. Mom always blew it off though. She would claim,"My father was over six feet tall." That was the mantra I got used to. I started believing it.

My drivers licence has said I was 5'9 since I was 15. That was a lie and apparently it still is.

So, how tall am I???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't touch that question with a "six-foot" pole!

Don't worry. Be happy!

Anonymous said...

And your Uncle Jean 6'2''!

Your towering personality makes up for any perceived "short"-comings in the height department!

You are a giant man in my eyes!

Love you!!