Friday, June 15, 2007

Some additions...

I've added a few things to the site. On the right, you'll see some videos from youtube.com, some news from my favorite sources and some links to some sites that I like. I'll explain each to you now.

The videos are not actually selected by me. Rather, I entered in catergories that I like and they chose random videos that were related to those. I added Obama, Colbert and one of my favorite bands, Umphreys Mcgee. If you have any categories that I should add, feel free to let me know!

The news is nice as well. Headlines, stories and opinion from cnn, bbc, atimes, nytimes, seoultimes, latimes, npr and theonion are in there. However, today it seems that odd Korean news sources are showing up. Is that the case with you? Let me know so I can fix it.

The link are my favorites! Click on The Yangpa. It's a satirical look at Korean society, news and culture from the viepoint of foreigners. I don't agree with all of it, but it can be so funny. The Onion is a satirical look at all news. It's great as well. Asia Times gives news from all over the world and Asia, but the difference is clear: it is not geared toward Western readers. I love it. Then there is Talk Left which is a liberal blog that I check daily. It's wonderful and full of rich insight. Finally, there is Jambase. That is for the music people.

고 and I are trying to get this thing in shape again because we are going to be using it more and more to let everybody know what's going on with us and our world. I'm also going to try and give you guys more of a taste of everday life in Korea.

Also, poor 고 got her wisdom teeth out today. She was told they were not impacted, but when they began they discovered they were. She had to have surgery. I feel horrible for having to be at work when I should be taking care of her. She's so brave and is going to try and study until this evening. I'll take care of her all night tonight!!!

0 comments: