Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tickets in Hand!!!

We got our tickets today! I really appreciate Wonderland for being so flexible and open to my vacation request and buying the tickets. In general, it is a great hagwon and such a respectable employer. Coming to Korea was just a great idea and not one day goes by that I don't recognize how much this little Asian country has given me.


I'll be leaving Korea on the 26th of July and returning on the 7th of September!!! Nice, huh? One thing to mention though. When I come back, I'll be replacing Rhett. This is huge. Rhett has been a driving force at Wonderland for 5 years. He's transformed the curriculum and made his name there. He has gone to bat for so many teachers not because he always cared for them or agreed with them, but because he is fiercly loyal. His dedication to the school, ESL teaching, and his fellow teachers will be missed in the office and around town. He'll still be here in Korea. Here's to Rhett:





Rhett and me in Cambodia on Christmas Day!



Suzanna, Rhett and Joel at the Itaewon scavenger hunt in September 2006.




Rhett right after a shave and a haircut.






Rhett cooking food for us at Deok Jeok Do last October.



Rhett on the Han river. This was my second day and he helped for a smooth transition. Thanks!


We have tons of videos of him, but I think those will stay on facebook.com rather than the public blog. He leaves Wonderland at the beginning of September. I will post about his triumphant exit then. This was just a tease and a the first glimpse at a new direction for Rhett in Korea. Good luck, buddy!

Now, onto the tickets. Here's the time table...

7/26/2007

Seoul (Incheon Airport) 10:05am

Flight Time: 2h20m

Tokyo (Narita Airpost) 12:25 pm

Layover Time: 1h45m

Tokyo (Narita Airport) 2:10pm

Flight Time: 11h27

Chicago (Ohare Airport) 11:37am

Layover Time: 3h12m

Chicago (Ohare Airport) 3:25pm

Flight Time: 1h54m

Tulsa (Tulsa Airport) 5:19pm

Total Time: 20 hours and 38 minutes

아이고!!!! (That is a frustrated expression, not 고운)

So, that is the trip on the way there. I'm happy that I will get to be with 고 this time. 고 did a lot of work finding these tickets and all of us should thank her. Thanks 고고!!!

I know Kristin, Trey and Hattie wanted to be there to welcome us, but we'll be waiting for you instead!!!

The flight back isn't as exciting to write about, so I will stop here!!

Fun times await!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee, yahoo and yeeee...all in one! David and I will do our best to give you a rip-roarin' All American/Oklahoma Welcome on July 26th!!

There will be good food, cold drink and clean sheets awaiting you....along with your dogs Emmie and Prince.

We will have a wonderful time.