Thursday, September 28, 2006

Two Month Update

As you know, my birthday is coming up and so we had a party for me and Jacye. He turns 30 on Monday. I turn 26 in Korea on Thursday. I'll be out of town so no calls.






Well, it's been just over two months since I left home. I still find something shocking everyday and can't wait for the next. I have not had a dull moment yet. My friends here are wonderful and I am so lucky that I chose the school I did. I do miss everyone a lot and please know that I am thinking of you all constantly.

Life here is going well. I am really enjoying my job and the nightlife is still rockin'. I have a vacation this week, so the crew is going to The Yellow Sea for a little beach camping. I'm excited to get out of the city again. The pollution here is just so awful. You can smell and taste it. When we went to Ganghyeon last weekend I got some nice fresh air. ("Got me some good closet air" -that's for Mom and Kristin.)

I have not been to The Yellow Sea, so this should be a great break. I work Monday, off Tuesday, work Wednesday and then we cruise out. It's me, Dave, Rhett, Joel, Suzanna and maybe someone else. I'll take loads of pictures.

This past weekend was fun. Here are some recent pictures...




We went to a Norabang twice this weekend. I found Round and Round at one of them and sung my heart out for my great brother-in-law. He loves RATT, so this was kind of a dedication.


Mr. Won took out all the staff on Friday for Mike's going away party. We're all sad to see him go.



Here we are at our favorite bar. It's called The Beverage Lab and we usually go there two times a week. The people there know us all by name and it has a great atmosphere. Also, it's right by my house, so the stagger home is not too bad.


Here we are rockin' it at a Norabang. Look at Rhett. He was loving it. We were singing for three hours this night. It was too fun.


Fun people...

Rachel and Suzanna having some fun singing "It's Raining Men". Joel liked it too.

I know it sounds like we're all drunk all the time and that may have some truth to it, but we are all close friends and I hope to keep this guys in my life for many years to come. What a group! What a time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the two month update. You are so lucky to have landed at that school and with those folks. Always love to see your pictures. Thank you for keeping those that care so well informed!! Looks like barrels of fun!!

Note: "I'm just getting me some of that good closet air" but we can not forget "Why is a shoe called a shoe??" I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

26 huh?

Anonymous said...

OK, I might understand your turning 25 on Thursday (born in 1982 and Koreans start counting at one from the moment you are born, I think you said a while back), but I agree with Sid. What gives?

Anonymous said...

What a group! I'm still amazed that you managed to find a group of "Merry Men" on the other side of the world! Of course, none can replace the original band.

Trey will be absolutley THRILLED to know that you're carrying on his love of RATT- what a classy band! ;)