Monday, March 02, 2009

Song of the Week: "Music, Us" by STS9

Sound Tribe Sector Nine (STS9) is one of those bands that fit perfectly into every situation. Here is "Music, Us" from their New Years run (05-06) at the Tabernacle in Atlanta.



I'd also suggest songs Somesing, Open E, and an old classic, "Call Into Tap In".

My first exposure to these guys was in high school. I was downloading music on Napster and stumbled upon "Moonsockets". It's by no means one of their best. In fact, I'd say it's nowhere close, but I liked the free flowing vibe and started investigating more. By the end of my glory days with music (I moved to Korea in summer '06, therefore ending a 9 year streak), I had managed to see these guys over a dozen times in a few years and each time I always had an amazing time.

Honestly, many of my STS9 shows are pretty clouded. I remember the energy of the shows being unrivaled, but that's about it. Hmmm...

Sid or Rodge, any help here?

1 comments:

John said...

Too many incredible STS9 moments. Yes, most are a tad foggy. None quite like the chick telling me about her out-of-body experience at Blue Cats. There was also the eye cream and acid incident. Sid loved the eye cream! (made him feel metro-sexy)

Have you checked out Peaceblaster yet? It's their newest album, came out about Sept. of last year. If you haven't, I can post a copy.