Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas at Wonderland



Happy bunch, huh? For some reason, Koreans (especially men and children) don't smile in pictures. I don't know why, but I might try to figure it out in an upcoming post.

We had a Christmas party and all that at school on Christmas Eve. I know, we had to work on Christmas Eve, but the day was still fun. In the morning, the kids had a caroling competition. Each of my classes sang one song. One class sang "Must Be Santa" and the other sang "All I Want For Christmas is My Two Front Teeth". My "Must Be Santa" class won and they got a pizza party for it. Both classes were very cute.

We took pictures and opened presents. Most of the kids got Transformers or other currently popular toys and gadgets. Some kids got clothes and they were visibly devastated. The parents should have more sense than that though. Can't they save the sweaters for home and buy their kid something that kids like and can play with.

You know, like this...



I was thrilled to see guns in school again. Since Korea basically doesn't have guns and they have even less murder, this is not a shock.



That's Violet, one of my favorites, and Santa Dave. He looks a little like Chanukah Harry dressed at Santa. She looks thrilled, huh.



There they are with Santa Kaz . He's the world greatest British-Indian Santa.



She a little happier there. Why? Just look at that stache! Wouldn't you be happy to be that close to it?



And finally, Jennifer, Eric and my mustache.

The kids actually didn't want to take a picture with me. They wanted to take it with my mustache, but since I attached to my mustache, I was allowed to be in the picture.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for letting us see some of your students this fall semester.

Cute, as always!

The difference in the Christmas culture is so interesting. Aren't you glad you grew up where you did?