Friday, December 07, 2007

Early Mornings

Every morning, 고 leaves for Chinese class very early. Sometimes I get up with her and sometimes I don't. We do live in one room, so I feel bad if she has to sneak around the apartment in the dark. She gets up and leaves before the sun sets and never makes it home before 8pm.

This limits our fun time, but I try to get as much of her as I can when I can. So, when she leaves I pop my head out the window and watch her walk up the street and fade into the dawn. Sometimes, she knows I'm watching and turns and mouths "I Love You". Othertimes, the tasks of the day are weighing in on her beautiful mind and she just walks.

I see so much grace in her when she walks. I love watching her move. I love knowing that she has so much going on and yet she still manages to turn and watch me watching her.

There's something mystical about 김고운 and have my whole life to figure out just what that might be.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully put, George. You got the touch of a poet in you.