Friday, December 21, 2007

Home for the Holidays

I'm on my second Christmas away from home and I know it's easier for me than my family back at home. Maybe if I was at home and everyone else was away, then it would be more difficult, but being away for Christmas isn't that bad and I'm only referring to location.

This year, I'll be with 고 and friends in Korea. I have never been in Korea on Christmas. Of course, I can walk down the street and see very few things that remind me that it is Christmas time, but Christmas is a mindset anyways. Last year, I was in Cambodia. That was great!

All I'm saying is having a Christmas away is fun and different. I'm sure it would be just as amazing in France, Singapore, Panama, Sweden, South Africa, Jamaica, or any place (except Atlanta) as long as you are prepared to make it that way.

I'm tired of cold weather anyways. These guys have the right idea...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! No love for Atlanta huh? I hope you were joking, but just in case here are a few reasons why Christmas in Atlanta is great:
1. Macy's-like Christmas Parade
2. Ice skating in Centennial Park
3. Christmas tree lighting
4. Christmas party at the Aquarium
5. Atlanta Ballet's Nutcracker
6. Tons of Christmas Light Displays
7. Stone Mountain Christmas Event
8. Life-Size Gingerbread House
9. Plenty of Shopping
10. Cool, Brisk weather with a slight chance of an ice storm

The list could go on and on, but I think I have made my point. Anyway, I hope you and Go have a great Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Why pick on Atlanta? George, you spent a lot of time in Atlanta growing up. Remember all those shopping trips? And...your sister was born there!!

Christmas was not the same without you here! :(