Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Three-Year Universities in the US?

I don't like this idea at all.

At the American Council on Education's annual meeting earlier this month, Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn. and a former university president, pressed college presidents to offer three-year degrees. In Rhode Island, legislators are considering a bill that would create a standard set of college-level classes for high schools, so all students could have an opportunity to finish college in three years
And of course, a Tennessean is involved.

My biggest problem with this is it will give me one less reason to dislike Canadians (who only go for three years). That's a shame.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bachelor's degrees take 4 years in Canada too. I know mine did.
You have received faulty information from someone.
There is more proof that there is no good reason to dislike us.

The Expat said...

All of my Canadian friends here were there for only three years. Maybe it was their degree though.

So, I'm confused. I should like Canadians now?

Anonymous said...

If you want.
But never Celine Dion.
Or Brian Adams.