Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dogs...

I was reading a Yahoo News article yesterday and it really bothered me. It was listing the "Corniest Songs" of all time and topping the list was a personal favorite, "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. While I can admit that it's a "corny" song, I think this writer was trying to belittle not only the lyrics and vocals of Steve Perry, but Journey in general. I was upset and, like many people do when in this situation, wanted to read some more of this guy's stuff to further fuel my fire.
Then I found it.

This low-class piece of trash was mocking dog movies. He mocked Old Yeller, Where the Red Fern Grows, My Dog Skip, Eight Below and he even mocked "Two Socks" from "Dances With Wolves". I was irate. Why not make fun of the scores of stupid dog movies like Air Bud, Lassie and Bengie? Dogs are so great and that relationship is one that humans can not have with each other and, if you don't have a dog, one that you will never understand.

In my mind this writer is a single douche-bag living in New York who loves KISS and has two cats that sleep with him every night.

You can imagine what follows:



Love your dog!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh! Waterworks here in Tulsa over this one for sure!

I do love my dogs and they just got lots of extra hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful. Thanks for posting that...Hattie enjoyed dancing to the music and saying, "DOWG!" over and over again and I had a good cry. They sure are the greatest, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

Think I've caught up on all the recent entries, George. Very enjoyable, especially the dog one. How is the 'stache going/growing?