Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Early Night's with Miami Sound Machine

고 and I went to bed early last night. We were both sleeping by 9:45. It was great. She was tired from her late nights and I'm pretty sure I can fall asleep at any moment if I try.

When it gets cold we turn the heat on like anywhere else. However, the heat comes from water pipes in the floor. This is because it is very normal to sleep on the floor in Korea (even preferred). So, 고 and I slept on the floor last night. It was very comfortable and quiet warm. We have a nice Korean-style mattress and warm blankets, so it was just like a bed. Of course, heat rises and around six this morning we got a little cold, but nothing big.

We woke up at seven to another snow. This one was better than the one before because the ground was so cold. I'm hoping that it's a cold and snowy winter, but I doubt that.

So, in my dream I was teaching, but I was not teaching english. I was teaching that Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine song, "Conga". I was teaching my 10 year old class that can speak very well. However, that did not matter really. It was so strange because I had to teach the dance moves and the lyrics. And if you recall, I can't sing and my dancing, while not horrible, is not geared towards this Cuban sound. It was amusing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can always make me laugh!

And...wouldn't your kids like to learn the Conga???

Anonymous said...

Incredible video pick...right up Trey's alley! Don't worry, he can teach you some of his moves when you get back in the States. Heehee....

Anonymous said...

I bet I can fall asleep in 10 seconds...

The Expat said...

That was a great trip, Sid!