Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Opening Night

I clearly remember a conversation that I had with an old classmate when I was in third grade. We were in the back of his mom's station wagon. In fact, it was one of those wagons that faced the opposite direction which, by the way, seems insanely dangerous. Regardless, we were both talking about how confident we were that there was going to be a fourth Indiana Jones released within the next few years.

Twenty years and dozens of similar converations later, the day has come. Tomorrow night we are going to the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It is opening night here all over the world and we could not be more excited. I am one of those kids who were lucky enough to grow up in the Indiana Jones generation and tomorrow night really will be a special night for me. The familiar music, storyline and overall Indiana Jones hysteria are sure to take me over for at least a couple days. I will be going with my Korean wife and British friend. I bet nine year old me didn't see that one coming.

Just in case you missed it...



Quick memory: In first grade, my teacher Mrs. Wallace was trying to secure my excess belt that was flapping around my waist, decided that if she tied it in a wrap-around fashion and refered to the style "like Indiana Jones" that I would be okay with it. I was. Nice one, Mrs. Wallace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell us what you guys think! We will see it too. Loved the Mrs. Wallace memory.

Anonymous said...

i keep imagining Cate Blanchett speaking English with a German accent in the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull even though she's supposed to be Russian