Saturday, February 02, 2008

Past Campaigns: 1960

The 1960 election was a significant one for many reasons, but for my purposes for this post it was significant because it featured the first televised debates.

Here's what I found from JFK...



I like this one. I like how they politely slammed the GOP.



And here is Nixon. I could only find one.



I wanted to post the debate, but I could not find a clean version of it. Most people say that Kenneddy won the debate not only because of his answers, but because of his appearnace in comparison to the socially akward and sweaty Nixon.

That electorate went like this...

I had no idea that the vote was that close!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How amazing that California went for Nixon in 1960. Of course, that was his home state. But how times have changed!

Anonymous said...

These are so entertaining and interesting! Let's see....the only tunes playing now with the candidates are ...from the Obama girl. HA!

A catchy tune might just be the real ticket to success if we are looking back to JFK.