Friday, February 01, 2008

We Win

Perhaps I've been distracted. Maybe I was focusing too much on the battle between Hillary and Obama, but something struck me today when I was looking at images from the debates.













Is there anything more telling than these images?

I watched the debate this evening and it was chilling. From the moment they walked out on the stage, an African American and a woman, the Democrats won. Whomever wins the nomination, whomever wins the election, Democrats won. And America won.

One blogger said that that was the most electric moment of the night, and it was for me too. I did not expect to feel that way. I knew this already. But seeing it made it different. It just did. John Edwards said he was getting out of the way of history. And as powerful as his message and campaign were, he was right

I have never been more proud to be a member of the Democratic Party. Today, I am proud to be an American.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Completely agree on this point. Whether Hillary and Obama team up to make a "dream ticket" or not, the Democrats know that this is their election.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it sure seems like this is the year to reclaim the White House.

George, I am really enjoying all of these. Thanks!