Tuesday, July 22, 2008

McCain Outspends Obama

McCain has been outspending Obama in nearly every swing state, yet those states are continuing to give Obama better and better numbers. In fact, GOP safe havens such as Alaska and Georgia are proving to be toss-up states. The fact that McCain is clogging the key state airwaves and the numbers are still turning against him is not a good sign.

From what I can gather, McCain is producing an anti-Obama ad every three or four days. At that rate and the amount of air time that he is buying (and wasting), he is putting all of his money in swing states that might not even go for him.

This is how I see it at this point and I think that Obama will carry VA, but I won't include it here.

Obama: 288 (WA, OR, CA, CO, MN, IA, WS, IL, MI, OH, PA, MD, DE, NJ, CT, MA, NY, MA, VT, NH, RI, ME, HI)

McCain: 164 (MT, ID, WY, UT, ND, SD, KS, OK, TX, AR, LA, IN, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, SC, WV, AK)

Up for Grabs: 86 (NV, AZ, NM, MO, VA, FL, NC)

Go to this site for your opinion and let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you are wrong about GA. We had almost 100,000 more people vote in the primary than Republicans and Obama got 300K more votes than McCain. I think we have a real shot at taking this state even though no one is giving Obama a chance. I also think that Obama is going to surprise people in many "red states".

The Expat said...

I think he'll surprise people and might come close in a few red states, but won't be able to bag them all. I think he can win VA (3+)and maybe NC (1+), but he's still 9 points behind in GA.