Monday, January 28, 2008

A Quick Slip

I must apologize for my laziness this weekend. I know it was a big one and, with Obama's HUGE win, it was a great one. However, I must first deliver some semi-grim news.

On Friday night, after a typical night of meat and soju I decided to return home early. I got out of the cab and since it was very cold, I jogged to my apartment building that was literally 20 meters away. I entered the foyer and BAM! I slipped and sprained my ankle soooo badly. After a few minutes of silent pain on the floor, I gathered myself and climbed the three flights of stairs. Agonizing. I made it to the door, opened it up and was greeted by 고운 who took one look at the swollen softball that had attached itself to my right ankle and we immediately headed to the hospital. It was midnight.

I went in there, took X-Rays, laid on the hospital bed and got a shot in my butt. I think this was the first time for me to be injured like this. It was pretty rough, but 고 took great care of me and now I am cruising around (slowly) on crutches and sporting a cast. It's not the same kind of cast that you get when you break a leg. It's like a hard half-cast that doesn't cover my shin, but the rest is in there. It itches today. I've never had crutches either and in a country where walking is my main mode of transportation, this will be fun. Here's an image I took of myself a couple minutes ago.



So, I'm going to the doctor at lunch today and hopefully they will give me some good news. Hopefully.



Fats Domino & Ricky Nelson - I'm Walking

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry, George. How did you get to the hospital by the way?

Anonymous said...

You're such a FAKER!!!!

Anonymous said...

that angle catches smallness possibly even better that this http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=222107&id=548397475

we should collaborate on a website of photos that make people look small.