Thursday, January 24, 2008

Two Days is Enough

As promised, I took two days off from the campaign. I did not miss too much outside of the bickering between both Clinton's and Obama. First of all, I think it's ridiculous that I have to pluralize Clinton or clarify which one I am talking about. I do want to mention one thing about this though. While I was doing my daily reading of dozens of papers and blogs, I came across this one at Talking Points Memo (TPM). It's the radio commercial that Clinton has been airing the past few days. I'll include the both the text and audio.


VOICE-OVER:“Listen to Barack Obama last week talking about Republicans.
BARACK OBAMA: “The Republicans were the party of ideas for a pretty long chunk of time there over the last 10, 15 years.”

VO: “Really? Aren’t those the ideas that got us into the economic mess we’re in today? Ideas like special tax breaks for Wall Street. Running up a $9 trillion debt. Refusing to raise the minimum wage or deal with the housing crisis. Are those the ideas Barack Obama’s talking about?”

BO: “The Republicans were the party of ideas.”

VO: Hillary Clinton thinks this election is about replacing disastrous Republican ideas with new ones, like jump-starting the economy. Putting an immediate freeze on foreclosures and mortgages. Cutting taxes for the middle class. And creating millions of new jobs. With the economy in crisis, we need a president with the ideas, the solutions that get our economy working for all of us. Hillary Clinton. Solutions for America.




This whole thing is a joke. Hillary does not care about the Dems. She would not been slandering one of her own if she did. She does not care about the general election outcome. She does not care about the future of the country either. She is so intent on getting this nomination that she will ruin the chances of Obama to win the GE if he gets the nomination instead of her. It is becoming very clear that she only cares about herself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will agree with that....she and Bill are doing a lot of damage.

I do not understand why they think this is the way to move forward.